Tuesday 14 January 2014

Film Pitch

Week 2: Monday

On Monday I collected everyone's research and writing about their chosen points and put them together in a powerpoint, adding images.  We met after I had done this and I explained the adjustments I had made while creating the powerpoint.  These were adding to the story line and increasing the budget as we had changed the films we had researched into.


This was our pitch presentation:

Film Pitch - Slideshare






The feedback we were given was fair.  Our teacher liked our idea, yet thought we needed to decide whether we were going for a stereotypical horror film or to go down a more 'indie' route.  The rest of my group were thinking of a stereotypical film, whereas I was aiming for an indie kind, which is why I think our pitch was not so successful.  Our teacher and the group all agreed that the director, Ben Wheatley, also needed to be changed as he has only done one film that is similar to our genre (Kill List).

After both groups had given their pitches and received feedback, we had to change groups as there was another member of the class, Chloe, who was absent last week but did not want to work alone.  I volunteered to change groups and my previous group allowed me to keep our work so far as the majority of the plot was my idea and thought it unfair to make just two of us recreate all the work from scratch.

After discussing the idea and research so far with Chloe, we chose to stick with an 'indie' psychological thriller/horror.  I then researched further into directors, deciding on Jim Mickle.  He is an upcoming American director, known for Stake Land (2010), Mulberry St (2006) and We Are What We Are (2013).  Two of these films fall into our genres of thriller/horror.

These are our updated slides after the changes we made:





Updated Film Pitch



No comments:

Post a Comment